Traveling is an exciting adventure, especially for young adults eager to explore new places and make memories. However, one common challenge for those under 21 is finding hotels that allow 18-year-olds to check-in without the need for a parent or guardian. If you’re an 18-year-old looking to book a hotel room for your next trip, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll explore tips and options for hassle-free hotel stays tailored to your age group.
Why Do Some Hotels Have Age Restrictions?
Hotels often impose age restrictions to mitigate potential risks associated with underage guests. These restrictions are primarily in place to prevent issues like unauthorized parties, property damage, or legal liabilities. While these concerns are valid, many hotels have recognized the need to accommodate responsible and mature 18-year-old travelers.
Tips for Booking Hotels at 18
- Call Ahead: Before making a reservation, call the hotel directly to inquire about their age policy. Some hotels may make exceptions or have different policies based on the location or management.
- Use Online Booking Platforms: Some online booking platforms allow you to filter hotels based on age restrictions. Look for filters like “18-year-old check-in” to narrow down your options.
- Look for Chain Hotels: Major hotel chains like Marriott, Hilton, and Wyndham often have consistent policies across their properties. Some of them may allow 18-year-olds to check in with certain conditions.
- Consider Boutique Hotels: Smaller, independent hotels may be more flexible when it comes to age restrictions. Check their websites or call to inquire about their policies.
- Provide a Valid Credit Card: Most hotels will require a valid credit card at check-in, regardless of your age. Ensure you have one in your name to cover incidental expenses.
Hotels That Typically Allow 18-Year-Old Check-Ins
While policies can vary from location to location, some hotel chains and brands are known for being more lenient when it comes to 18-year-old check-ins. Keep in mind that these policies may change, so always double-check with the specific hotel you plan to book. Some hotel brands that are often accommodating include:
- Best Western: Many Best Western properties allow 18-year-olds to check in with a valid ID and credit card.
- Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc.): Some Choice Hotels brands have a minimum check-in age of 18, while others may require guests to be 21.
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts: Some Wyndham properties permit 18-year-olds to check in, but it’s best to confirm with the specific hotel.
- Accor Hotels (Ibis, Novotel, etc.): Certain Accor Hotels properties may accept 18-year-olds, especially in regions with lower age restrictions.
Be a Responsible Guest
Regardless of where you stay, it’s crucial to be a responsible and respectful guest. This includes adhering to hotel policies, respecting quiet hours, and treating the property with care. Being a considerate guest not only ensures a smooth stay but also contributes to a positive image of young travelers in the hospitality industry.
In conclusion, finding hotels that welcome 18-year-olds to check in is entirely possible with a bit of research and planning. Remember to call ahead, check policies, and be a responsible guest to make the most of your travel experiences. Happy travels, and enjoy your stay!